Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17




Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I have a confession to make....

Here it is: I...LOVE being a mom. I cannot imagine my life without my kids in it. I enjoy them now, and I love watching as they mature and our relationship changes. I look forward to the future and the relationship we have then. I enjoy our time together. And we have a lot of it together (remember: I'm not only a stay-at-home mom, but I home school as well)

Posts like this make me feel like a freak for enjoying motherhood.

Maybe it's because I was schooled at home myself. My friends were older (often adults) or significantly younger at times. I think the most important thing I learned in my education was developing relationships outside my age group.

I like my kids. I'm not able to be buddies with them, because I'm still their parent, but I enjoy a great relationship with them. My mom is one of my very best friends, and I can barely wait until I have the same sort of relationship with my own kids.

Do my kids drive me insane sometimes? Of course they do. So does my hubby and my extended family. It comes with the territory when you have a bunch of sinners interacting on a regular basis. Heck, even my dogs drive me insane sometimes, and they don't even sin (the insanity they cause might be because I sin enough for them and me put together!)

So there's my confession. My name is Laura, and I'm a total freak for loving motherhood and recognizing my children as a blessing from God.

He gives the barren woman a home,
making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the LORD! Psalm 113:9

No comments: