Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17




Thursday, March 31, 2011

Remembered by God

God has surrounded me with love the past few days. My family has been walking a tough road of late, and just when I'd reached the point when it felt as though God had forgotten me, He showed me that he has not. First, He is sending my mom(!) --I really need her right now. Today he also sent a believer to give me the comfort and encouragement of scripture I so desperately needed. God is so good. Just when I felt the depths of despair, He reminded me of his loving care. Today someone told me "...remember God will not give you more than you can handle. Well…actually He does, but He helps you carry the burden!" My friend could not have spoken truer words.

When my family has been called to walk the difficult paths, I always start to question whether I actually listened to God, or mistakenly gone my own way because it's so hard, and I'm not up to the task. But He never said following Him would be easy, and He certainly didn't tell me to go it alone. He never said I need to up to the task. It doesn't matter if I am. HE is.

Sometimes life is very very hard, and I think my tears could be measured in gallons during these times. Happiness isn't measured by how easy something is though. And sometimes true joy can be experienced when you're traveling a path of tears and heartache. It's part of the seeming paradox of knowing the joy and peace that can only be found in Christ, while living in a fallen world.

It's been a hard day, but I'm ending it with a grateful heart. I'm grateful to my God for never leaving me in my distress. I'm thankful for his followers who pour His love out on one another. I'm thankful that I am His.

No comments: