Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17




Saturday, April 9, 2011

Random thoughts...

The past couple days have been immensely stressful as we've waited to hear whether a government shutdown would happen. Because President Obama refused to make an exemption for military, my husband would have been put in a position where he would be forced to work without pay. Under normal circumstances that would be stressful, but we're closing on a new home in less than 2 weeks, we're not puting our current home on the market for another 3 weeks, the IRS is giving us problems about receiving our adoption tax credit, and we're beginning the adoption process. Stressful times. With all that's been on my mind, I haven't had a coherent thought for blogging. So here are my random thoughts over the past couple days. If I had time for Facebook statuses anymore, these would probably be them:

I'm SO glad my mom is here. I don't know what I'd do without her.

When I was going through the Border Patrol checkpoint yesterday, my MP3 player happened to be playing We No Speak Americano. I got quite a chuckle out of that.

A president who turns his back on his military has no business being president.

My mom gave me a great compliment the other day...
Mom: "How did you pass your sarcasm on to your kids already?"
Me: "What?"
Mom: "Your children use air quotes correctly! They're 8 and 9. Most adults don't use them correctly! I can't believe you've infused them with so much sarcasm already."
Me: "Thank you." :)

Never let your 9-year-old son play hairdresser. My head still hurts, and it took a long time to grow that 7 inches of hair I lost. :(

In 2012 I want to get signs for every candidate running against Obama, and put them in my yard with a homemade sign that reads "ANYONE but Obama!"

I find it's much easier to convince myself to get rid of books when I've packed 8 boxes of them and realize that I've packed fewer than 1/4 of my books.

Moving is not fun. I don't want to do this again for at least another 20 years!

I really wish my parents lived closer. They have an amazing impact on my children.

My hands are starting to get veiny like my mom's and my grandma's. I always naively assumed it would never happen to me.

My daughter lost a tooth yesterday, and my mind is so filled with stuff, I forgot to play tooth fairy! Fortunately Grammy figured out my mistake and swooped in to save the day.

I should be packing right now instead of playing around on the internet. I wish I had a staff.

2 comments:

Sarah's Simple Life said...

My hands are already veiny.

Laura said...

Mine have been getting that way for a while. I remember looking at Mom's hands when I was 8 or 9 and they looked exactly as mine do now. So now when I see her hands, I know what mine will look like in 22 years...