Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17




Monday, June 27, 2011

Is it hot enough for you?

It's 104 degrees here right now. Yep, it's Summer. Too hot to really go anywhere, or do anything. Even when the sun sets, it's still in the 90's. I don't know what it is about the heat, but it tends to cause tempers to flare. My husband and I argue a lot in the summer. Every summer. My kids have meltdowns. Even my dogs get into scuffles with one another. It's not just us. I've seen people come close to blows over minor disagreements at the dog park. I've seen people scream at people serving them at restaurants or retail shops. I don't know what it is about temps that cause this...and I am curious about the human race didn't manage to wipe one another out before the age of air conditioning.

I've never understood why people look forward to summer. Summer is the price I have to pay to get to Fall. I love Fall. Pumpkins, spice, cool evening walks, leaves falling, dark nights, warm meals. And Fall leads to beautiful cozy Winter. I miss Winter with it's biting chill (that leads to snuggling under blankets with loved ones and good books), yummy baked good, dead bugs, lovely snowflakes and excellent holidays.

As of today we have just fewer than 6 months until Christmas. That's what I'm holding onto as I deal with bugs, heat, irritable children and too much sunlight!

No comments: