Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. Isaiah 1:17




Friday, June 24, 2011

It's happened countless times.

I couldn't tell you the number of times I've spoken with a person who seems enthusiastic about adoption, then they say "I'd love to adopt, but..." Their reasons that follow vary, but tend to boil down to the same issue. Watch this video I found posted on Jen's blog to find out what I'm talking about:




This video speaks for itself.

So why all the adoption posts of late? I know I blog about adoption a lot, but even I can see that I've been hitting it hard and heavy lately. I suppose the reasons are twofold:

1) I've felt a desperate desire to help waiting children of late. Yeah, if you know me in real life, you know that's me all the time. But lately, it's been a more desperate, more urgent desire to help these kids. If I can use my blog as a avenue to keep the word out about children in need, I will.

2) Things in my personal life aren't bloggable right now (relax, it's just finances, housing situation and military stuff), and I don't feel like blogging about my personal reflections, because I don't want to focus on my life's frustrations at the moment.

So I'm sorry my posts are starting to sound like a broken record, I can't tell you when it's going to let up. Right now waiting children are the biggest thing in my heart and on my mind.

No comments: